IBEW Local 995
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
IBEW Local 995 Income Protection
Receive benefit payments if you suffer an injury, illness or death.
PLAN INFORMATION OVERVIEW
– Accident coverage pays a lump sum directly to the Member
– Critical Illness pays a lump sum directly to the Member
– Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 995 can be denied coverage!
OUR CURRENT BENEFITS AREN’T ENOUGH
Members don’t get any financial benefits through the local when suffering an injury or critical illness.
Accident Coverage (for Members and their family)
There are ZERO benefits through the local for any accidents you suffer. This coverage being offered will pay you lump sum benefit payments to help with out of pocket expenses resulting from injuries, etc.
Critical Illness with Cancer (for Members and spouse)
There are ZERO benefits through the local for any critical illnesses you suffer. By enrolling in this coverage, you would receive a lump sum benefit payment if you suffer a covered critical illness.
The Local 995 Death Benefit is minimal and might pay some burial expenses. Additional life insurance coverage would allow you to provide for your loved-ones.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
– Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
– Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
– Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
|Specified Diseases Rider|
|Human Coronavirus (single highest benefit applicable)|
|Hospitalization: 4+ days||10%|
|Hospitalization: 10+ days||25%|
Please call us at (224) 770−5305 for more information.